Saturday, January 10, 2009

Resolve

It's that time of the year again. And like every year I resolve to have no resolutions. The irony isn't lost on me. But as the first week of the year crawls by there is just something about the new year that spells NEW... beginnings, goals, hairdos, eating plans, exercise regimes... and i fall prey. This day, the 10th of January 2009, I resolve:

1. to travel more. See more of the United Kingdom (I'm going to Scotland in February) before I leave to go back to India for good. See Egypt, Ireland, and a little more of Europe.

2. to stop saying 'to be honest with you' and just be instead.

3. to write more. Whether it's blog posts like this, a short story or the thoughts in my head.

4. to stop pretending to not care what other people think and to actually not give a hoot.

5. to be happier in my skin. This is an 'umbrella-term' resolution that encompasses the usual eating healthier, working out more and loving my every flaw (yeah yeah.. it's the same every year)

6. to try to finish the Reading Half Marathon in March this year even if i have to crawl the last mile (I have a gnawing feeling that I've bitten off more than I can chew with this one, but hey, resolutions need resolve. They were never meant to be easy)

7. to watch, read and do more plays. The doing will have to wait a little though.

8. to spend more time with Mom, Ju, Vasu and Shruthi.

9. to read, read, read.

And finally...

10. to not make any resolutions in 2010.

Here's hoping...


What have you resolved to do this year?

4 comments:

N said...

wow. finally some signs of life.

impressive resolutions! Do you also plan to take monthly reviews to see how much you've managed to achieve? :)

Taruna said...

That isn't a bad idea. Will keep you posted on the progress :)

N said...

oh sure!
and as for my new year resolutions...
http://www.s-anand.net/calvinandhobbes.html#19950102

Sam said...

Resolutions # 3, 4 and 5 are my fave.... I seem to make them every year :) No points for guessing if it happened this year too!